gested I contact Marjorie Groves Mills , a relative of Hiram Morgan Hill ’ s family .
“ I looked her up in the phone book and went for a visit . After dinner and lots of talking , she finally dug a photo of him out of her dresser drawer .”
Beth also traveled to Hiram Morgan Hill ’ s last home in Elko , Nevada to gather more information on his years as a rancher . Thanks to Beth ’ s curiosity and research , her book , “ Hiram Morgan Hill ,” provides a rare glimpse into the life of our city ’ s namesake , as well as his wife Diana Murphy Hill and the Murphy family .
Among the many thank you letters in Beth ’ s scrapbook is one written on the occasion of her being honored at a Women ’ s Recognition Dinner : “ Dear Beth , You get involved and speak out for what you believe , you put forth ideas to improve things , and you put out the energy to make it happen .”
Over the years , Beth has helped preserve local and regional history as an advisor for the Santa Clara County Historical Heritage Commission ’ s Resource Inventory , a speaker at Women ’ s History Santa Clara County workshops and celebrations , a supporter of education for women and girls at AAUW events , and more .
Former City Council Member and Mayor Beth and current City Council Member Rene Spring share a moment during a fundraising event at Running Shops and Hops in Morgan Hill , 2018 .
Beth Wyman : Career Highlights :
• Former Council Member and Mayor , City of Morgan Hill
• Former Board President , Morgan Hill Historical Society
• Faculty Lecturer in Historic Preservation , Department of Urban Planning , San Jose State University
• Homeless Coordinator , Office of the County Executive , Santa Clara County
• Executive Board , Santa Clara County League of Conservation Voters
• Executive Board , Santa Clara County Land Trust
• Santa Clara County Women of Achievement Award Nominee
• Women ’ s Leadership and Community Service Award (‘ 92 )
• Saratoga Heritage Resource Commission
• Friends of Coyote Valley Greenbelt
• American Association of University Women
Serving Morgan Hill and South County Youth Learn More at : literarylegacies . org
gmhtoday . com gmhTODAY Magazine FALL 2021 51